Saturday, July 25, 2009

Prepping for Paris

There are only a few more weeks until I jet off to Paris for a week of independent travel and then a immersion into the USC Paris Abroad program. I just recently purchased the iPod Touch; it was recommended to me by my friend Kaitlyn (who spent the last Spring semester in Paris) that I buy one to upload all the city and metro maps, along with numerous guides and helpful utilities. The purchase of the 16GB gadget of course started a 24-hr iTunes App Store frenzy, which entailed no contact with the outside world and my eyes shriveling to raisins from computer screen glare. Now that the dust has settled, I'm happy to play around with my yet another addition to my growing collection of i'll-just-die-if-i-ever-lose-it personal electronic supplements to my ever so important life. I sit here in my old bedroom (which my brother Justin promptly claimed, literally and figuratively-smells like socks) with a slight breeze blowing right by the window, on a perfectly perfect summer afternoon and I've already plowed through the last season of The OC and the Director's Cut of The Watchmen. The highlight of today was an impromptu appearance at the Solana Beach Library's French Club meeting, a charming potpourri of international Frenchies and Francophones that eagerly welcomed me and my dad into their bi-monthly 3-hour bonanza. So now I'm back to lamenting about my languor, where did the day go? At least I finally scheduled my appointment with the French Consulate in LA to apply for my student visa...Time to get my rear in gear and get a workout in, before I find another self-indulgent distraction to keep from summer productivity (oxymoron?)!

A Bientot!

No comments: