Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lake Arrowhead Day 1

I'm killing time at the gym until Rocky's ready to hit the road to Camp Lake Arrowhead! One of my best friends from high school, Heidi, has been working there as a counselor and fishing guide all summer. Yesterday was her 21st birthday so Rocky and I are headed for the hills!

This brings up a niggling question that has been dormant until just now: are there gyms in Paris? (Let alone France?) Kaitlyn eagerly pointed out to me that while a local gym membership may be as scarce as dental floss, the grandiose number of parks and general foliage provide for a prime running environment. I've never been much of a gym rat (always preferring the bite of the crisp outdoors than the crowded stench of judgment and machinery) so I'm really looking forward to breaking in my new pair of running shoes...Asics again, of course.

Looks like ill be giving them a spin though up in the "montagnes" eh? Early morning runs and blistering heat...woo! Here's to a mild weather forecast!

Over and out, -B
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: